Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A lil bit of SPRING

I respect many designers work, but when it comes to my particular tastes, I adore the outrages or theatrical or the over the top. I LOVE edgy shit and work that is balances on the fence of wearable and non wearable.
I have been looking at some spring 2011 shows and fell in love with Viktor & Rolf's collection inspired by The Classic Men's Shirt. The silhouettes are over the top and exagerate the hard edges of men's shirts. At first, i assumed the collection was inspired by picasso's Blue Period, by the abstracted asymetrical cuts of the dresses and garments, but the work has a sense of the blue collard male but is reinterpreted for women's clothing.
Check out the show for yourself and check out the pics.
HERE IS THE SHOW, CLICK ME.





No comments:

Post a Comment